Above all, buying a baby romper suit is one of the first highlights for many parents when the woman finds out that she is pregnant. Nevertheless, it is important to note that not all baby rompers are the same. Good quality is no longer so easy to come by these days, especially when it comes to baby fashion in general, which is why you should heed a few tips when buying a baby romper.
The perfect baby romper
A little baby spits, babbles, spills and gets his clothes dirty. We parents can’t blame the little diaper kings for all of this, nature brings that with it. It is therefore necessary to adapt the clothing to these circumstances. The following tips for buying a baby romper are advisable:
- Quality is very important, especially when it comes to baby rompers – after all, the parts have to withstand regular washing cycles at at least 40°, better still at 60°. High-quality materials and good workmanship are therefore a guarantee that the baby romper will last as long as possible and that it may even be worn by the sibling.
- When buying a baby romper, pay attention to skin-friendly fabrics – these are also an important purchase criterion.
- Pay attention to the country of production: Stay away from goods from Bangladesh, India or Africa – here the products are often produced by child labor and under inhumane conditions.
- Cheap branded goods – there are heaps on the web. Keep an eye out for specialty branded outlets that offer great quality baby bodysuits at reasonable prices.
- In the cold season, make sure that the romper has little feet, which will help keep your little one warm.
- The fabrics for a baby romper should be soft and not scratch the skin: fabrics such as cotton, velor or terry cloth are among the recommended choices.
- Above all, a romper should be practical: if you can button it up in the crotch or fasten it on the side, these not only guarantee warm kidneys, they also keep the slipping diaper where it belongs.
Nevertheless, finding the perfect baby romper suit is not very easy at first, but with a little practice, buying a romper suit becomes a nice routine that all mothers like to enjoy. When you buy the first baby romper is entirely up to you, but it is advisable to wait until shortly before the birth, because then you can at least say roughly what size you have to buy for the little rascal. In general, make sure that you wear clothing that is appropriate for the season: in midsummer at 30°C it would not be particularly advisable to equip your little one with a velor romper, it would very likely be too warm. Light baby rompers made of fine materials such as cotton, which fit loosely and allow a little more freedom of movement, are suitable for this.
Author: Editors / Katrin
Photo Credit: ImageFlow, Dmytro and Krystyna /Shutterstock.com